We’re Meant to Move and be Active!
Even gentle movements can go a long way in helping you build strength and mobility, increase circulation, and can leave you feeling more vibrant and energized. We offer a wide range of active classes; but for today, I’ve got two introductory classes to choose from: an Easy and a Medium class. Pick the one that appeals to you, or try them both! It’s a great way for you to get a good feel for my teaching—and why I believe that a slower, quieter practice makes for a deeper experience.
I hope you enjoy yourself!
Benefits of Active Yoga
• Increased circulation
• Improved strength and stability
• Increased mobility and flexibility
• Improved lymphatic function (Immune response)
• Better balance and coordination
• Mental clarity and focus
• Releases ‘happy hormones’ and elevates mood
Tips on Setting Up a Home Practice
• Find a place in your home (or yard) that you feel comfortable in
• If possible reduce distractions such as turning off your phone
• On the other hand be prepared for pets or loved ones to visit you on the mat 🙂
• A Yoga mat is helpful for an active class; stickiness of a mat will help you feel more stable
• Props you might need: blankets, cushions, strap/belt, Yoga blocks and a chair
• Preferably, give yourself some time to digest a meal before practicing Yoga
• Be mindful when working with old injuries and feel free to skip a pose if needed